Thursday, January 19, 2006

On Blogging

I realize some of you are wondering why I started a blog.

[crickets chirping]

There are a few reasons, one of which is simply curiosity. I wanted to see what it is like to have a blog. After I set this site up, I sat staring at it and asking myself, "Now what?" I don't consider myself a writer; I don't have anything profound to say; I'm not particularly entertaining or creative. But what the heck.

The second reason is that I needed a place to put my thoughts in order. I used to discuss cases that interested me at another blog. Things got weird. I got uncomfortable and left. Having no desire to expose myself to another similar situation, I decided to avoid getting involved in another blog or forum. So I set up my own blog and am talking to myself until someone else happens along.

The third reason, which coincides with the second, is that I have a lot of unaswered questions about the Laci Peterson case. I've no doubt that her husband, Scott, is responsible and rightfully sitting on deathrow. It's just that it's like a jigsaw puzzle with a few pieces missing or that I can't seem to fit together. The picture is readily discernible, but I'm frustrated and stymied by the gaps and seemingly incohesive pieces. So I'm hoping that I can set my thoughts in order here and maybe, just maybe, a few others will stumble upon my ramblings and help me out with them. So now, if my blog drifts away when I'm done opining about Peterson, you'll know why -- because I've got nothing more to say.

I'm not really a blogger. I'm just having a go at it.