Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Michelle & Jason: An E-mail Exchange

The following email exchange from July 12, 2006, between Michelle Young and her husband Jason was included in warrant affidavits for Jason Young's Bebo.com and Google.com accounts executed on March 10, 2009.
Michelle Young - "I know you are mad and I am really sorry. I know you have been doing a lot around the house and with Cass and I really appreciate it. I have just been really busy at work and I thought this is a slack time for you with your job so you could handle it.

Please give me a call -- I want to know who is picking up Cass today."

Jason Young - " I don't care who gets her."

Jason Young - "I just got home and the goddamn power is out, I called progress and a crew is already out. Cass pissed herself all over the floor, it's hot as hell inside and I can't entertain her enough w/o tv to finish the godamn yard. I am taking beer and her to pool. I am in a mood that makes our trip to myrtle seem mild, pray the beer kicks in. I could kill u for not letting me finish the yard this morning."

Setting aside the abusive tone of his replies for a moment, I think it's important to look at the timeline to gather the full impact of this exchange.

  • May 29, 2006: Jason and Michelle were involved in a car accident in Transylvania County just outside Jason's hometown of Brevard, North Carolina. Michelle was pregnant with the couple's second child at the time. Shortly thereafter, it was discovered by ultrasound that the baby had failed to develop (this according to a poster named "just the facts" at the Court TV forum, widely believed to be Jason's sister, Kim Young) and would not survive. A therapeutic abortion was performed.

  • July 1, 2006: On or about this date, Michelle would have conceived Rylan, the unborn baby boy who died with her at the hands of her murderer on November 3, 2006. Incidentally, Michelle was in New York for a family reunion in early July. Jason accompanied her to the reunion, but left early while Michelle and Cassidy stayed on for a while.

  • July 12, 2006: The above excerpted email exchange. Although already pregnant with Rylan, it isn't likely that Michelle was aware of the new pregnancy at this time. She would, however, have still been recovering emotionally from the loss of the previous unborn baby.


If I have my facts straight, Jason was basically between jobs at this time. His employment with Sentric Medical had come to an end, and he had not yet started his job with Chartone. He took a trip to California with his mother, sister, and brother-in-law later that summer.

What kind of husband talks to his wife the way Jason did in that email, especially to a wife who is recovering from the loss of an unborn baby? What kind of father talks about his 2 year old daughter the way Jason did in that email? It's all very disturbing, but it's particularly disturbing that it appears that he wanted to instill fear in Michelle with the description of his mood and his announcement that he was taking beer and Cassidy to the pool. More ominous still: "pray that the beer kicks in." Michelle must have been beside herself with fear for her daughter's safety at reading those words.

Last but not least, I am greatly interested in his comment about what was probably a trip to Myrtle Beach.
I am in a mood that makes our trip to myrtle seem mild...

What happened at Myrtle Beach? It must have been been a significant event. Worse than punching holes in the walls or ripping a door off its hinges. Surely worse that screaming at Michelle in public. What was it?

If anyone out there has any knowledge or information as to what occurred on the trip to Myrtle, I would very much like to hear from you. Please, post a comment or send me an email using the Contact Form on this blog. Posting a comment at the discussion forum is another option you would be welcome to use. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Click this LINK to use the Contact Form.

Click this LINK to get to the discussion forum.

No comments: